- Deadline for self-employed persons or small employers to establish a SIMPLE-IRA for the year 2016.
- Final deadline to file individual tax returns for the year 2015. (Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ.)
- Last day the IRS will accept an electronically filed tax return for the year 2015. If filing after October 15th, you’ll need to mail in your tax return for processing.
- Final deadline to fund a SEP-IRA or solo 401(k) for tax year 2015 if you requested an automatic extension of time to file.
- Start planning any year-end tax moves.
- If you are covered by an HSA-compatible health insurance policy as of December 1st, you’ll be eligible to contribute to a Health Savings Account for the year.
- Last day to make any tax moves for the year 2016. Last day to set up a solo 401(k) for self-employed persons.
- Marital status on this date determines your marital status for the whole year.