Here are some of the key tax-related federal deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2017:
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for Q2 2017 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See exception that allows reporting by August 10 below.)
- File a 2016 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Please keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to learn more about specific filing requirements.