3rd Quarter 2017 Tax Deadlines

Here are some of the key tax-related federal deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2017:

Minimum Wage Increase7/31/17

  • Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for Q2 2017 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See exception that allows reporting by August 10 below.)
  • File a 2016 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.


  • Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.


  • If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
  • If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
    • File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest, and penalties due.
    • Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.

Please keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to learn more about specific filing requirements.

Posted in

Leave a Comment

Working hard for you....

Looking for an accountant that will work hard for you? You are in the right place...

Scroll to Top