January 31, 2014
- The IRS expects to start processing 2013 individual tax returns (IR-2013-100).
- Deadline for employers to mail out Form W-2 to employees.
- Deadline for businesses to furnish Form 1099 statements.
- Deadline for self-employed individuals to file and to pay their tax and avoid an penalty for not making your 4th quarter estimated tax payment .
February 18, 2014
- Deadline for employees who claim exemption from withholding to file a new Form W-4 with their employers.
- Deadline for financial institutions to mail out Form 1099-B and Form 1099-S.
February 28, 2014
- Deadline for businesses to mail Forms 1099 and 1096 with the IRS if filing on paper. If filing these forms electronically, the deadline is April 1.
March 3, 2014
- Deadline for farmers and fishermen who have a balance due on their taxes to file their individual tax return and pay the balance due without incurring any late payment penalties.
March 17, 2014
- Deadline for corporate tax returns for the year 2013, or to request automatic 6-month extension of time to file for corporations who use the calendar year as their tax year.
- Final deadline to file an amended corporate tax return for tax year 2010 and still claim a tax refund. (Refunds expire three years from the original due date of the return.)